Friday, April 29, 2011

Moving,Moving Forward






Moving, Moving Forward!!




April 29th,2011








"I'm not going back, I'm moving ahead.I'm here to declare to you my past is over.In You all things are made new. Surrendered my Life to Christ. I'm Moving, Moving Forward."








First of all let me start by apologizing for the delay in blogging! My life has been crazy! When they tell you your WHOLE life will change after Gastric Bypass...I had no idea!!! I am now sixth months post op and still finding success in losing weight. I am down 90lbs and counting. Food has literally taken on a whole new identity in my life. Food is no longer a friend, comforter,lover,and or healer. As i am unable to eat large quantities of foods I simply cant worship the food as I did in the past. I am forced to reach out and reestablish friendships,feel emotion,hurt,pain as well as happiness, learn to love myself for who I truly am, and seek God for healing, health, and wholeness. This has most definitely been a challenging change in my life as I am in the middle of a divorce,custody fight, as well as a relocation.







I have been able to do allot more experimenting with food choices and have come to the understanding that as I can only eat a little at a time, what I do eat is going to be high quality, full flavor, and high in protein and nutrients...well for the most part...lol (Easter candy not included in this statement...lol) Check out some of the recipes that Ive been trying from my friend Amanda's blog. I eat much smaller amounts than posted but the food is fabulous!!






Losing this weight has been liberating and freeing. I have begun to get out into the world and start experiencing life. Playing in the park, climbing trees, and riding bikes with my four year old are activities that I never thought Id be able to do with him...I not only participate in these activities but enjoy them.I have done some traveling to visit family in MD and VA. as well as had many shopping trips with friends...I am actually able to shop in normal stores now...so fun!!! I am so blessed with this second chance at life and I don't plan on wasting it!!! I am in the process of relocating back to MD and am interviewing with multiple companies to establish my self in MD. I have also started to sing again after years of silence...It is spirit freeing. I plan on getting a CD together with in the next year so anyone who has connections call me!!!

Going through all these life changes all at once has been tough. I have now more than ever learned to lean on the Lord. when my strength is at an end his strength kicks in and carries me through. I hold tight to the promise of his word and know that God didn't bring me this far to drop me off. I walk through the trials and turmoil into his provision and grace!!! What a mighty God I serve! I am reminded of a quote taken from the late Rev. David Wilkerson ‎"To those going through the valley and shadow of death, hear this word: Weeping will last through some dark, awful nights, and in that darkness you will soon hear the Father whisper, "I am with you,'" I also keep repeating to my self (Don't tell God how big your storm is, Tell the storm how big your God is!) So much change yet so many blessings!!! Change is always hard yet always needed! As I walk this journey of self renewal and self improvement I ask that you keep me in your prayers. I pray for each one of you readers that I in some small way touch your life in a positive way...I leave you with a video of my offering of praise to our awsome God on Easter 2011! Enjoy!!























No comments:

Post a Comment