Saturday, November 13, 2010

" Better Get To Livin"

"Better Get To Livin"


November 13th, 2010


"The day were born we start to die don't waste one minute of this life, Get to livin" - Dolly Parton
So as you all know about four months ago I decided to make a life changing decision and get off the couch, head to the doctors and see how to change my life. I decided on Roux Y Gastric Bypass, which I had on October 27th,2010. Since the operation I have been recovering body,soul,and mind at my parents home. I have rested, read, watched TV, caught up chatting with my folks, I have blogged, and face booked...But most importantly I have worked on ME, Not only will my physical body change but so will my mental emotions change. I needed to search ME and see what I needed, wanted, and where I thought my next steps would take me. Week one and two were tuff,painful, yet emotionally freeing. Now I am well into week three I have changed my focus to Living.

In the process of "Gettin to Livin" I have gotten up at 4:30 am to be at the Gym at 5:00am with my parents. Exercise is an important component of any weight loss plan and I figured three weeks post op was a safe time to start with the process. I have chosen to start slow so I don't hurt myself yet at the same time I get used to the Gym being a natural part of my daily routine. I am mostly doing cardio walking on the treadmill one mile a session at a speed of 20 min. I have also tried the elliptical which I hate and honestly hurts my surgical area and knees. I will slowly increase my routine with weights,biking, and maybe swimming with the family. I have made a pact with myself that change in my life is going to happen if for no one else for myself. I will give it my all so I can be a better me to those who need me. I have also Incorporated outside walking into my daily routine. After my tiny little lunch I have begun to take little excursions down to the Pier to enjoy the nice weather we have had here in MD. the Pier I have been walking to is about a half mile from the House so its been a good little work out for me mid day. And I must say I actually enjoy it...lol. I figure after I put my self through all this pain of surgery why sit around and wait for the weight to fall off. I need to get up and make it happen and in turn tighten the muscles so I look even better when it all falls away...lol

"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change."~Bill Phillips~ Some of you might read that quote and say "yeh right", what is he thinking, he has no idea of my situation.....I might not know of your exact situation BUT I know my situation was completely debilitating and in ways still is BUT I have chosen to live and not die, to enjoy life and not miss out, and to live my dreams not watch them walk past me. If this blog does anything Lord let it inspire change in peoples lives. You see I may not be perfect but I have come to see that when you're stuck in a spiral,to change all aspects of the spin you only need to change one thing. Change one thing and that result will inspire change in other areas.

I am leaving tomorrow to head to my home in PA . I am so excited to see my son who misses me terribly. I miss my wife as well and all the comforts of my home. However I will miss the comfort my parents have provided me. The support and care they have offered me has been awesome. I'm not going into the best of situations by going home but I know that God is in control and he has by back as I am a child of the king. The healing I have received emotionally and spiritually I pray will supernaturally pass on to those in PA that need it and that I will enter a peacefull situation that is condusive for my and my wives continuing recovery. You see my wife is still recovering from a back surgery 7 weeks ago.
I will leave you with this song quote :" Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead, Yesterday is a promise that you've broken, Don't close your eyes, don't close your eyes, This is your life and today is all you've got now, Yeah, and today is all you'll ever have, Don't close your eyes"-Switchfoot Don't waste it...."Get to livin".

No comments:

Post a Comment